“When the mind becomes less agitated you begin to experience pure consciousness, or the witness state. You begin to identify with the witness of all experience and activity. This witness is perfectly quiet, perfectly content, and dwells in perfect truth and bliss. This is an experience of your true nature.”
Many ways to Discover the Meditative Arts
The Shambhava School has a variety of classes for those seeking to develop or deepen a meditation practice.
- Workshops – Our meditation workshops reflect many different ways to build and deepen a meditation practice. Check our workshop schedule to review upcoming workshops. Past topics include: Introduction to Puja, Using Life for Spiritual Growth, and various aspects of yogic philosophy and scriptures.
- One Day Practice Intensives – These Intensives, offering an exceptional opportunity to accelerate your spiritual growth, are held several times a year on Saturdays. They are designed for participants to engage in very deep practice for one full day. Swamis and Acharyas work on a one-on-one and small group basis to help each practitioner work at a deeper spiritual level.
- Yoga Lifestyle Trainings – These 12 week trainings include a significant meditation component along with the study of Ayurveda, Vedic Astrology, and hatha yoga. Levels 1, 2 and 3 are available at various times.
- 4-Week Sessions – Four-week Beginning Meditation classes are held regularly during the year. Special classes are periodically available in topics such as the Guru Gita, Sanskrit Chanting, Yogic Philosophy, Vedic Astrology, and Ongoing Meditation. The schedule has the specifics for upcoming sessions.
- Community Night – Every Monday night Join us on Monday nights at 6:30 PM, (please arrive 15 mins early) as the Shambhava Sangha (spiritual community) gathers at Eldorado Mountain Yoga Ashram’s Meditation Dome for an evening of chanting, meditation and satsang (questions and answers). There is an opportunity during the evening for newcomers to learn about our program. The chanting is easy to follow and filled with a wonderful, intoxicating Shakti (meditative energy). We do ask that visitors respect our tradition by wearing modest and clean skirts or slacks. Please no shorts, sweat pants, jeans, or sweat suits.
- Family Program every Sunday 10:30 – noon, our Family Program is a special time that is geared towards children and their families. Everyone is welcome. The program includes, Kirtan (chanting), children’s arati, special kids’ program, and a satsang (questions and answers) for adults.
Hope to see you there!
- Long Sit – Every 4th Saturday from 6-9 pm there is an opportunity to meditate for 3 hours (short break every 30 minutes) in our sacred meditation dome. A fine opportunity to deepen and strengthen your practice.
- Special Events – Throughout the year we celebrate many holidays and plan special events. You can check out our recent posts on the right hand column of our Home Page or call the ashram (303-249-1671 or 303-494-3051) any time to find out what’s going on.
- Meditation Coaching – Our senior meditation teachers will work with you to develop a customized program for deepening your practice. Click for details.
- Meditation Teachers – Click for information.
Background and Nature of the Practice
Our practice is yogic with roots in Kashmir Shaivism, which views the entire universe as a manifestation of Pure Consciousness. The practice of meditation is the heart and soul of the Shambhava spiritual path. Sri Shambhava meditation is a process of profound inner growth leading to recognition of one’s true nature. It is practiced while sitting quietly and also while immersed in all the activities of one’s life. Meditation techniques, including the use of mantra and pranayama, are intended to still the mind and open the heart, thus allowing the practitioner to experience higher and higher states of consciousness. The Shambhava School of Yoga was founded over 25 years ago in Boulder, Colorado, by Sri Shambhavananda. His name stems from the Shambhavi mudra where one keeps the ‘inner eyes open’, meaning that one maintains a focus on the inner self throughout all life experiences.
The Shambhava meditation practices derive from a lineage of fully- realized masters of yoga, or gurus.
Please contact us at:
Phone: 303-249-1671 or 303-494-3051
e-mail: Click Here
Copyright © 2000-2008 S.G.R.Y. All Rights Reserved